Tuesday 19 May 2009

more soup?


This week is the turn of Broccoli and Stilton Soup, and I think it has got to be my best yet. I'm sorry if the picture does not make it look that appetising, but it is truly delicious. (However hard I try I cannot get these soups to look good in the photographs). Here is the recipe if you would like to give it a go:

Broccoli & Stilton Soup
1 clove garlic chopped
1/2 onion chopped
30g/1oz butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1 handful of grated potato
290ml/ 1/2 pint vegetable stock
1/2 head broccoli chopped
75g/3oz Stilton, cubed
85ml/3 floz double cream
1 tsp thyme chopped


1. Saute garlic and onion in butter & oil for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add potato and stock and simmer for 7-8 minutes until potato is tender.
3. Add all the other ingredients and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. Blend and serve.

I did have to play around with this recipe a bit, like adding more water when necessary. Also, I think the recipe assumes the broccoli is already cooked

4 comments:

Francesca said...

I'll try it with gorgonzola, hopefully it'll still be delicious! I imagine it would be difficult taking photos of soups (or coffee, gosh, I've gone insane today!)

Anonymous said...

sounds great!!! i LOVE broccoli, so I will be trying this for sure. thanks for sharing!!!

Victoria said...

I love broccoli too, but I'm not familiar with Stilton, what is it?

Samantha S said...

Victoria, Stilton is a type of blue cheese, with a lovely tangy flavour.