Sunday 12 April 2009

Easter Goodies



Along with all the chocolate bunnies and chocolate eggs, this year I decided to buy the boys a book each for Easter. For Adrien The Sun Egg by Elsa Beskow. We already have a few of Elsa Beskow's stories, Peter In Blueberry Land is a particular favourite of both boys. For Alex, My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell. This book was a favourite of mine growing up and although Alex is not at a stage to read the book himself I thought it would be perfect for reading aloud to him at bedtime. The book is set on the Greek island of Corfu, where as a boy Gerald and his family spent five years. I loved reading about the adventures he had with all the animals and colourful characters he met.
I confess I did cheat a little bit this year. I gave the boys their gifts on Friday - I just couldn't bear to wait any longer. Not so much the chocolate for me but the books, I couldn't wait to dive into them.
Today, if the weather stays dry, we are off to our local nature reserve for an Easter egg hunt, and we may even have a chance to spot the Easter Bunny!
Wishing a Happy Easter to all who celebrate!

No comments: