Tuesday 21 April 2009

Soup & stories

It has been a gloriously sunny day today and I have been feeling lazy. Alex is back at school, Adrien is not back until Thursday, so things have definitely slowed down. After a little play at the playground, we came home and I made soup. Watercress and potato soup, its so delicious and so easy to make:

1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 large potato, peeled & finely chopped
2ooml vegetable stock
1 bunch of watercress, chopped
100ml double cream
salt & freshly ground pepper

- Heat oil in medium saucepan.
- Add onion & garlic & saute gently until softened.
- Add remaining ingredients (except cream) and simmer for 8-10 mins.
- Blend until smooth. Add cream, heat and serve.




We ate soup and fruit and sipped tea in the garden. Read and relaxed. I haven't done any sewing over the Easter break, and I don't think it will resume until next week, but I can sneak in a little catch-up reading. This book City of the Beasts, is on loan from a Colombian friend of mine. She introduced me to Isabel Allende and also Paulo Coelho, two great South American authors. The book is full of exotic adventure, set in the remote world of the Amazon rainforest. Adrien is loving this book at the moment; umm maybe I should be making pumpkin soup instead?

3 comments:

Francesca said...

Any soup is good for me, but my family doesn't share my enthusiasm ...

Anonymous said...

yummy!!!

Victoria said...

I am a fan of Isabel Allende too! I actually make very little soup, but I am quite fond of it really, especially in winter.