Tuesday 7 April 2009

A New Day A New Bag

So spring break is officially under way. The sun was shining and the boys spent most of the day playing outside with their dad, which freed up a lot of time for me to work on some of my sewing.


I actually managed to finish the bag! I am so proud of myself over this, considering I have never made a bag before and was following no pattern or instructions. I just had pictures in my head of several bags that I liked the look of, and a basic understanding of how to construct a bag and away I went. So you can imagine my delight when I finally turned the bag the right way out to discover that everything was in the right place. I think this bag will be ideal for when I am out with the boys. Plenty of room for drinks, snacks, and toy or two and maybe a book for me too.

The outside fabric was from Good-ness and is a lovely fine corduroy. The lining is a beige cotton twill.

My son Alex has passed a big milestone over the weekend, he is now on two wheels instead of four! Yes, the training wheels are finally off and there is no stopping him now. Well done Alex, I knew you could do it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
GGY said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
thjryjtynmjdtr said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I love it! Great job!!! I am going to {try} and make a clutch purse as my first project. I found a pattern online and am excited to start!

It's spring break here, too. I've been trying to be creative with the kids because it's still too cold to play outside {Maeve lasted 10 minutes out there today}. Yesterday we painted with watercolors and today I think we're going to decorate clip boards! :)

Merruli said...

Good work! Your bag looks so lovely, just right for spring.
The cherry blossoms in a previous post are stunning. There is still no trace of flowers to be seen in here, but the snow is melting..

Tanya said...

Congratulations on your bag, its really lovely! (and to Alex, no trainer wheels is very clever indeed)

Michaelle said...

Good job Samantha!