Tuesday 24 March 2009

My Banana & Seed Bread



We didn't make it to the local nature reserve at the weekend like we had planned, but we did make my special Banana and Seed Bread. I like to enjoy this as a snack with a cup of tea. The children love it too - a good healthy snack. I tend to reduce the amount of sugar (I think this actually improves the taste) and I whizz the seeds up in food processor, otherwise my boys would spit the seeds out!



Ingredients:

125g butter

125g sugar

2 eggs

250g Self-raising flour

1 tsp cinnamon

2 mashed bananas

100g mixed seeds (pumpkin/sunflower/linseed)

Cream butter and sugar together. Slowly beat in egg. Sift in flour and cinnamon. Add seeds and mashed banana then transfer quite thick mixture into lined loaf tin. Bake at 190 for 50 minutes.

Allow to cool.


Eat and enjoy.....

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Its looks delicious! I will definitely try it when my bananas start getting a bit brown.Thanks!

Michaelle said...

Samantha, Come by my blog when you have a minute. I have a surprise for you!