Thursday 26 March 2009

Refocusing

This week I have been making a conscious effort to 'let-go' of some of the ever-revolving chores that seem to constantly eat up all my time at the cost of my children, and instead spend more time playing, talking and reading with them. I am really feeling (even more than ever before) how precious my time with my children are, and I don't want to miss a second of it. So it's ditch the dishes!




I especially feel this way with Adrien. Since January he now goes to nursery school every afternoon, and I feel that my time at home with him is slowly slipping away. I don't ever remember the time going so quickly with my eldest son Alex. Maybe it's because I know that Adrien is my last child and I will not get this opportunity again.

Whatever the reason, we have been going on walks in the woods, painting, gardening, baking and lots and lots of playing. To be honest it feels so good, I no longer care about the dirty dishes or the growing laundry pile, or the mess everywhere - it feels rather liberating.







I did have a strange afternoon yesterday though. After dropping Adrien off at nursery school, I was walking back home when Alex's teacher drove by me, stopped and asked if the school had called me, because apparently Alex was crying in the school saying he didn't feel well! (This was a coincidence that we passed, she wasn't actually driving around looking for me). The school seemed very reluctant to let Alex go home, even though he was in quite a state. I eventually took him home, where he was fine for the rest of the day. He told me later that he had had a bit of a squabble with another boy, and didn't want to go back to the class! I guess one afternoon off school is not going to hurt - we actually enjoyed some mama/Alex time that we don't normally get.



3 comments:

Victoria said...

How lovely to see someone else ditching the housework :) I am trying to do the same. Lets hope it works and we don't end up suddenly with thousand and one things to do at the weekend... :)

Michaelle said...

Good for you! I never received your email with your full name and address for the candle giveaway.

Anonymous said...

hope you enjoyed your afternoon with him!

*love* the dinosaur jammies!!!