Tuesday 31 March 2009

Cherry Blossom


From orange blossom to cherry blossom. There is so much of this around right now and the pink petals are gorgeous, blowing confetti-like on the ground.




This is what I have been working on over the last week. As I walk Adrien to nursery school I pass by so many cherry blossom trees, I was inspired to capture the beauty on paper and linen.
I am not great at drawing, but I do love to sit and sketch flowers and wildlife. I then painted in watercolours. The embroidery then followed. I am not sure what to do with the embroidery though; put it in a frame maybe or turn it into a small bag.

5 comments:

Victoria said...

Samantha this is beautiful! You are really talented. If you are feeling creative you could give the small bag a try, I'm sure it would be a wonderful spring accessory :)

Samantha S said...

Thank you. You are thinking along the same lines as me - a bag yes, it may even turn into one of my gifts?

Unknown said...

Oh, the cherry blossoms are breathtaking, the ones on the tree, in the vase, painted, and embroidered... I feel so inspired!
~Emily

Just Jules said...

That would make a great pocket of a bag, or apron. Second time here, still loving it!

Maggie May said...

Cherry blossoms are some of the most poetic things ever- the name itself is gorgeous, the painting, all- so marvelous.